It is important that investors and traders keep up with the latest market trends and headlines. This puts them in a better position to know how their investments are faring and what the future is likely to hold or ring about so they can make any necessary moves and decisions to favor the investments. Financial data service providers make the process of keeping a close eye on the world markets easy for the traders and investors giving them an easy time improving performance and profits every time.
The fact is that the service providers are increasing in number and you would need to find the best services to reap the best value from your investment. Financial data services bound to bring you success should be able to do the following for you.
1. It should provide the necessary data to you whether you are an organization, individual, hedge fund or a large financial institution. The service should come complete with the best tools to give you an easy time getting your data, such as customizable data feeds and SAAS to suit your individual needs.
2. It should be able to give you an analysis of thousands of news articles every day and calculations on trend values and sentiment of thousands of public companies. Large volumes of analysis are great not only in improving existing investments but also in opening up new opportunities for you as a trader and making sure that you make the right decision while at it.
3. The web based dashboard display that you get from your service provider should include new mentions of sentiment and trends for all companies included alongside the standard market indicators. It should give you a proper break up with overall sentiment, velocity, volume and impact. It should also be easy for you to create a portfolio that is specific to your needs so you are able to conveniently access companies that you are interested in the most. You ought to have an easy time following the direct market competitors too with a clearly designed dashboard.
4. The service should give you real time headlines from numerous sources so that you are able to keep up with the global financial markets effectively. You will be better placed when you know everything there is about the markets from all over the world and not just your local headlines.
5. It should be mobile friendly considering that you might be on the move and still have a need to keep up with what is happening. With smartphones now making the basis of everyday living in the modern world, you should look for a service that you can carry with you and access the most important data at any given time and from any given place. A service that is available on desktop, tablet and smartphone platforms will be most useful in ensuring you know the market news, sentiment and trends regardless of where you could be.
Many people are into investing nowadays mainly because they want to double their money. Aside from that, they also want to keep funds which they plan to use in the future like for education, home purchase or business. This is why people invest in securities. For an investment product to be called a security, it must have the following characteristics:
It must be established with an investment of money.
It must be in an environment with one objective.
The expectation of profit should be present.
Earnings must come from the efforts of another person other than the investor.
There two main types of security which are equity securities and debt securities. The concept of equity security is that you get to invest your money to different companies and corporations and become a part owner of that firm. The main objective is to generate profit from funds invested. The expected profit that you will get is called a dividend. If the management of the firm does a good job in operating the business, then there is a big chance that you will get that dividend. On the other hand, debt equity is investing your money by lending funds to the company or corporation. Generation of profit is still the main objective. Interest is the profit that you will expect. It still depends on the management of the firm if the business will do well or not.
The main difference between the two is the relationship of the investor with the firm. In equity security, the investor is a part owner of the firm while in debt security, the investor is a creditor and he is not an owner of the firm. But that does not mean that equity is better than debt because when it comes to payment prioritization, creditors are paid first since it is the responsibility of owners to pay the liabilities of the firm.
Both types of security poses risks of their own. For equity security holders, there is capital risk which means the risk of an investor losing all of the money he invested in the business because of poor management of the officers of the firm or bankruptcy. There is also credit risk for debt security holders which means the risk of a creditor losing all of the money he lent the firm because of management failure. Every investment, there is an associated risk, but this does not stop people from investing because there is a bigger chance of profit, especially when investing in establish companies and corporation.
Just yesterday the Feds raised their rate. Experts predict that many individual lenders such as trust deed investors who lend loans based on property – called home equity line of credit (i.e. HELOCs) – will see their loans can-kicked.
So if you are trust deed investor what can you do to protect your funds?
1. Take time to read and familiarize yourself with each item contained in the preliminary title report that is issued shortly after the escrow is opened. This report (otherwise known as a pre-lim) contains items that will have to be removed as a condition of your funding this new trust deed loan investment. Many investors like to read the pre-lim to become familiar with the properties easements, assessments, mineral rights, assessed valuation and so on. Some of these terms may be removed later on when you gain control of the property; some not. You may like to see its contents.
2. Have you committed to the shortest possible loan term? Trust deeds that are funded for too long are more risky since they can be difficult, expensive, or impossible to liquidate in case of an emergency. Many investors fund for no longer than a year. Deeds are safe in that they can be liquidated in the event of an emergency for full face value. Other investors have found that funding loans for two or three years seems to work best.
3. Never make any loan extensions, additional advances, modifications or other changes of any kind to an existing real estate loan without first obtaining written approval from other minor lien holders of record. You can lose your investment and be sued for this even if you were unaware that such a lienholder existed.
4. Go down and take a look at that property yourself even if even if other parties – such as the broker, appraiser and title company – have already looked at it. After all, it’s your money that you’re loaning to fund it.
5. Did you use as many approaches to value as possible to rate the building? There are various ways of gauging the properties’ market value and you may want to use a range to ascertain that you’re making a wise investment. Here are some indicators of value that you may want to use:
read the appraisal
ask your realtor for information on closed sales of similar properties
check the tax assessor’s opinion of value on the pre-lim.
consider the property’s worth to you if you were to buy it today.
6. Do you know how the borrower plans to repay the loan? You may find yourself in trouble if you have not inquired. Aside from which, federal and consumer protection laws insist that you inquire otherwise you may find yourself sued and your client may exonerate himself from the transaction.
7. Many investors recommend that your LTV hovers around 60% LTV (Loan To Value Ratio) to 50% LTV. Do not exceed that as collateral for any money you lend otherwise your transaction may well end up being unprofitable.
8. Did you only use “existing” improvements to establish the properties current value? You may be mistakenly including promised or hypothetical improvements into your calculations. Many beginning investors fall into the trap of arranging loans based on promises of future improvements (that either never occur or go miserably off-path). We hop you don’t fall into the trap.
9. Have you included all important clauses? Do you know who will hold the original note and deed of trust? Have you included that? Your broker can’t. (In California that is illegal).
10. Did you require the purchase and pre-payment of 12 months fire insurance premium paid in full? Have you done this escrow? Caution: Coverage could be cancelled if you allow the borrower to write a check for it outside escrow and her check bounces!
11. Always send a 90 day notice of balloon payment to all borrowers 120 to 150 days prior to the date of their balloon payment. This is not necessary but saves you a good deal of trouble and may prevent you from being sued.
12. Has the corporation’s owner also signed personally for the loan on a personal guarantor form? The borrower’s motivation to walk away without repaying you might be hindered if his own name is tagged with that of the corporation. It also immediately separates the borrowers you want from those you don’t.
Finally, always but always, run intensive checks on property value and on background and worthiness of those you intend to loan to. Can they repay you? If so how? Is property worthwhile? Will it repay your proceeds? Running these checks will involve time, but can never hurt… You’ll end with a safer trust deed investing experience.
Are you willing to invest in a more long-term and reliable organic traffic source for your website? Then let’s look at a search engine that can assist you in increasing your traffic.
Interview an Influencer or Get Interviewed by a High-traffic Website
Have you heard of Tim Ferriss, the author of the Four-Hour Work Week?
His podcast is nowadays a staple content type that he provides to his viewers. Tim’s show has world-class performers who share their insights on a variety of topics, and he is well-liked on social media. Do Tim’s fans enjoy the show? So far, the show has received over 50 million downloads. On most days, it’s the most popular business podcast on iTunes.
Interviews, whether on video or audio, are inherently conversational, lively, and engaging. The great aspect is that it’s a win-win situation for both sides. The interviewer is exposed to a new audience, while the interviewee is able to provide his website visitors with new fascinating and authoritative information. You can ask an industry influencer to share your interview with their followers on social media if you interview them. Consider the organic traffic you’ll get from their social media followers, which number in the hundreds of thousands. Consider the level of interest generated by a prior Derek Sivers interview on the Tim Ferriss Show. Derek shared the show’s URL with his 283K followers on Twitter. It won’t hurt if you establish a relationship with the influencer as a result of the interview.
Similarly, being interviewed by a high-ranking website can result in a significant increase in search engine traffic. Harsh Agrawal’s blog, Shoutmeloud, received 35,000+ views in a single day after he was profiled by YourStory. That was the blog’s most popular search engine traffic source (with 600,000+ monthly visitors). Because interviews provide consolidated value, they can be used as a long-term lead generating source for your company. Consider how many bloggers you’ve learned about through interviews on YouTube and other high-authority websites.
You may also conduct a Reddit AMA if you have a very compelling storey to tell. Mateen’s AMA got about generating $85,000 in profit by selling TeeSpring shirts/hoodies received 2000 page views. He also boosted the number of visitors to his website on a daily basis.
By registering as a source with HARO, you can also answer queries from journalists. On HARO, Christopher from Snappa came across this question from Inc Magazine about the future of content marketing. He swiftly responded with a thorough response. He was mentioned in Inc a few weeks later as a result of this. HARO is an excellent strategy to have your brand mentioned on authoritative news sites such as Entrepreneur and Inc. Those backlinks will enhance your search engine traffic and increase your marketing strategy by improving your reputation in Google’s eyes. Contact an SEO agency to find out how you can do this and how they can manage it for you while you work on the bottom line of your business.